- the north central region of the United States (sometimes called the heartland or the breadbasket of America)
- The area of the continental United States contained in the central third of the of the country, especially the states of Illinois, Indiana, Iowa, Michigan, Minnesota, Ohio, and Wisconsin
- The region of northern states of the US from Ohio west to the Rocky Mountains
- (midwestern) of a region of the United States generally including Ohio; Indiana; Illinois; Iowa; Missouri; Kansas; Nebraska; and sometimes Michigan; Wisconsin; Minnesota; “a midwestern city”; “midwestern accent”
- give something useful or necessary to; “We provided the room with an electrical heater”
- offering goods and services for sale
- Make (something needed or wanted) available to someone; provide
- an amount of something available for use
- Be a source of (something needed)
- Provide (someone) with something needed or wanted
- Any of several other fermented drinks
- Beer is the world’s most widely consumed and probably the oldest of alcoholic beverages; it is the third most popular drink overall, after water and tea.
- a general name for alcoholic beverages made by fermenting a cereal (or mixture of cereals) flavored with hops
- An alcoholic drink made from yeast-fermented malt flavored with hops
- “Beer” is the fifth episode of the BBC sitcom Blackadder II, the second series of Blackadder, which was set in Elizabethan England from 1558 to 1603.
midwest beer supply – Home Brewing
Home Brewing Equipment Kit with Carboy & Instructional Beer Making DVD : Homebrew Supplies
This is our most popular brewing equipment kit. This equipment kit provides the essential equipment for the aspiring brewer who wants to make the best beer they can from the start. This is accomplished through two-stage fermentation. Primary fermentation is the first step. During this 5-7 day process, most of the fermentation takes place and by the end of this period most of the particles and solids will settle to the bottom. The second step is transferring the beer in to the secondary fermentor for 7-21 days. Separating the beer from the sediment will result in clearer beer and improve the characteristics of the beer. Beer can condition and clarify in the secondary fermentor for weeks or months depending on the style and strength of the beer. Transferring the beer in to a 5 gallon glass carboy or better bottle will reduce oxidation of the beer. This kit is highly recommended if you intend to brew any high alcohol or lager beers. Brewing Starter Equipment Kit List: Instructional Homebrewing DVD, 5 Gallon Better Bottle, 6.5 Gallon Plastic Fermenter with Lid, 6.5 Gallon Bottling Bucket with Spigot, 8 Oz. of Easy Clean No-Rinse Cleanser, Drilled Universal Carboy Bung, Airlock (Keeps air out of the fermentor), Hydrometer (Determines alcohol content), Bottle Brush, Carboy Brush, Black Beauty Bottle Capper, Bottle Caps, Liquid Crystal Thermometer, Bottle Filler, Fermtech AutoSiphon upgrade, Siphon Tubing, and Shutoff clamp.
beer making supplies
Where Katie and Corbin are buying their brewing kits and supplies, along with some other items for canning, etc. (wow, this could be habit-forming!)
so, you wanna make some beer! (and they have lots of choices of what kind you would like to drink!)
midwest beer supply
Our version of this Belgian style wheat beer, includes coriander and orange peel. Witbiers are slightly tart and are a great summer beverage. The Belgian Wheat Wyeast #3944 is recommended and is responsible for this beers refreshing flavor. Our ingredients for this recipe include: 6 lb. Wheat liquid malt extract, 8 oz. Carapils specialty grains, 2 oz. Hallertau pellet hops, 1 Tbsp Coriander, 1 Tbsp bitter orange peel, yeast, priming sugar, and a grain bag. Note: The price on this kit has increased with the 17th Edition catalog, due to rises in cost of Fermentis yeasts.